Spring School: Irregular Hodge Structures and Stability Conditions
This is a Spring School of the SFB/TRR 45 Bonn-Essen-Mainz financed by the DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft). It will take place from February 29 until March 4, 2016 at the University of Mainz (Germany).
Feb 29, 2016 09:00 AM
Mar 04, 2016 03:00 PM
|Where||Mainz, 05-432 (Hilbertraum) and 05-426|
|Contact Name||Helge Ruddat|
|Add event to calendar||
Registration: Monday, Feb 29, 9:00 - 9:30, Room 05-432 (Hilbertraum), 5th floor
9:30 - 10:30
11:00 - 12:00
12:00 - 14:00
14:00 - 15:00
15:30 - 16:30
Hodge theory &
Hodge theory &
joint dinner at
- Claus Hertling: course description and exercises pdf, solutions to exercise 2
- Claude Sabbah: lecture notes and exercises pdf
- Paolo Stellari: course description and exercises pdf
- Victoria Hoskins: exercises with hints pdf
- Jacopo Stoppa: course plan and exercises pdf
Excursion to Kloster Eberbach (monastery Eberbach)
Not far from Mainz is the famous Kloster Eberbach, site of the movie casting for "The Name of the Rose" after the well-known novel by recently deceased Umberto Eco. We booked for you a "strolling wine tasting tour" of the monastry on Wednesday afternoon. This is a combination of a guided tour with a wine tasting of six different classy regional Rieslings. We collect the symbolic contribution of 10 EUR from those interested in the event on Monday morning. A bus will pick us up at 2pm on Wednesday. The tour at the Kloster begins at 3pm and takes about 90 minutes. The bus will leave again from the monastry at 5pm to bring you back to the hotel.
- "The Space of Stability Conditions on Abelian Threefolds, and on some Calabi-Yau Threefolds" by Arend Bayer, Emanuele Macrì, Paolo Stellari: http://arxiv.org/abs/1410.1585
- "Stability conditions on triangulated categories" by Tom Bridgeland: http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0212237
- "Stability conditions and Stokes factors" by Tom Bridgeland, Valerio Toledano-Laredo: http://arxiv.org/abs/0801.3974
- "Stability data, irregular connections and tropical curves" by Sara Angela Filippini, Mario Garcia-Fernandez, Jacopo Stoppa: http://arxiv.org/abs/1403.7404
- "Examples of non-commutative Hodge structures" by Claus Hertling, Claude Sabbah: http://arxiv.org/abs/0912.2754
- "Stratifications for moduli of sheaves and moduli of quiver representations", Victoria Hoskins: http://arxiv.org/abs/1407.4057
- "Non-commutative Hodge structures" by Claude Sabbah: http://arxiv.org/abs/1107.5890
||Université de Lille 1
||Università degli Studi di Pavia|
|Cruz Morales||John Alexander||Max Planck Institute for Mathematics, Bonn|
|Fatighenti||Enrico||University of Warwick|
|Feyzbakhsh||Soheyla||University of Edinburgh|
|Filippini||Sara Angela||Institut de Mathématiques de Marseille/Aix-Marseille Université|
||Purdue University / Max Planck Institute for Mathematics, Bonn
|Krämer||Thomas||École Polytechnique, Paris|
|Meinhardt||Sven||Bergische Universität Wuppertal|
|Overholser||Douglas||Imperial College London|
|Rincón Hidalgo||Alejandra||Freie Universität Berlin|
|Sevenheck||Christian||Technische Universität Chemnitz|
|Shklyarov||Dmytro||Technische Universität Chemnitz|
|Sutherland||Tom||Università degli Studi di Pavia|
|Zhao||Yan||Universiteit Leiden / Università degli studi di Milano|
If you have any questions related to the funding or the accommodation, please write to
Registration and Financial Support:
Full financial support is available for members of the SFB/TRR 45. There will be limited support for other participants, too.
Registration is possible until January 31, 2016, at the latest.
We have reserved a block of rooms at and and Advena Hotel Mainz, all hotels are located close to the main train station in Mainz. Participants are asked to please contact one of the hotels directly by stating the key word "Spring School University of Mainz". Please note, however, that the number of rooms is limited and rooms are allocated on a "first come - first serve" basis so early reservation is recommended.
Of course, it is possible to make reservations in other hotels as well. If you prefer that, we refer to the home page of the City of Mainz where you will find a detailed list of hotels in and around Mainz.
Closest airport is located at Frankfurt/Main. From there, there are frequent trains to Mainz central station (Hauptbahnhof).
The fastest way to the Institut fur Mathematik from the Hauptbahnhof (Mainz main railway station) is to take Bus line 69 which departs from platform F. Get off at "Duesbergweg", the Mathematics building is to your right behind the parking lot. (The walk is about 2 minutes.) The timetable for the Bus line 69 is here (please pay attention to the fact that the spring school takes place during a vorlesungsfrei period, i.e. you have to watch the last column).
Alternatively, you may take bus lines 9, 54, 55, 58, 68; the bus stop is "Friedrich-von-Pfeiffer-Weg" From there, walk over the pedestrian bridge to the university campus and follow the street to the right. After about 100 meters there is a left curve. After passing the Mensa (campus cafeteria) you see the Mathematics building right in front of you. (The walk is about 10 minutes.)
All lectures will take place at the Institute of Mathematics of the University of Mainz, Staudinger Weg 9, in room 05-426 (fifth floor).
Coffee and registration will be in room 05-432 (Hilbertraum).