Summer School: Shimura Varieties: Cohomology and Modular Forms
This is a summer school of the SFB/TR 45 Bonn-Essen-Mainz financed by Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft. It takes place March 8 - 12, 2010 at the University of Mainz. The workshop intends to improve the training of PhD students and postdocs in the area, in particular of the members of the SFB/TR 45.
Mar 08, 2010 09:00 AM
Mar 12, 2010 05:00 PM
|Contact Name||Stefan Müller-Stach|
|Add event to calendar||
- Gerard van der Geer (Amsterdam)
- Stefan Müller-Stach (Mainz)
- Kang Zuo (Mainz)
Speakers and Titles
- Carel Faber (Stockholm): Cohomology of moduli spaces and modular forms (lectures on joint work with van der Geer and Jonas Bergström)
- Bas Edixhoven (Leiden): Galois representations and modular forms (lecture series)
- Andrei Yafaev (London): Introduction to Shimura varieties and the Andre'-Oort Conjecture (lecture series)
- Müller-Stach/Ye/Zuo (Mainz): Hodge theory, intersection cohomology and L2-cohomology of some Shimura varieties (lecture series)
|11:00-11:30||- Coffee break -
|12:30-14:00||- Lunch break -
|15:00-15:30||- Coffee break -
List of participants and hotel arrangements
Applications and Financial Support
Full financial support is available for members of the SFB/TR 45. There is limited support for other participants, too. Application is still possible, however, we would like to ask you to take care of hotel reservation yourself. For this purpose, you may use the search hotel form of the city of Mainz, for example.
All lectures will take place in the Mathematics Department of the University of Mainz, Staudinger Weg 9, in room 05-426. Here is a map of the campus. The closest airport is located at Frankfurt/Main. Find your way from the airport to the institute here.
If you have additional questions, please contact
- Stefan Müller-Stach (firstname.lastname@example.org)